1. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it all and then some more that you don’t want. (and I may or may not have just quoted a Daughtry song, but I couldn’t word it any other way)
2. Don’t be greedy. You might think that you can push the envelope a little bit further to get a little bit more, but it could be just that little bit more that pushes everything over the edge and makes you lose everything. Now looking back I realize that I was perfectly happy with the way things were before, and now because I was trying to get that little bit more, things have become worse than they were before. Be happy with what you have and where you are in life. So many others are worse off.
3. Don’t let anyone else influence how you think of yourself. Don’t let what others say, do, or how they make you feel, make you less confident about yourself. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You will never be able to please everybody, so you might as well make the one person happy that you have to live with, yourself.
4. Don’t let anyone pressure you into doing something you don’t want to do. Only you will know what you really want to do, Listen to that voice inside your head. The one that’s planting doubts, fears, and anxiety within you. Like I said before, you’re the only one who will have to deal with the decisions you make for your own life, so make sure that YOU are the one making those decisions.
That’s it. The End. (I’m sure there’s more to come later…)
- you are never as awkward as you think you are
- you are never as annoying as you think you are
- you are never as boring as you think you are
- your compliments are never as creepy as you think they are
- you are way more wanted than you give yourself credit for
- chin up, dude